As a leading voice in the field of obesity education, awareness and treatment, the Society regularly investigates topics that may affect members’ practice of obesity medicine. When appropriate, the ASBP Board of Trustees develops official position statements on key issues related to practice, patient access, patient safety and patient care.
- State Intervention for Childhood Obesity
- Overweight and Obesity Evaluation and Management
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration Recommendations to Lower Body Mass Index Requirements for Lap-band Surgery
- Use of Very Low Calorie Diet in Treatment of Patients Affected by of Obesity
- Use of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) in Treatment of Patients Affected by Obesity
- Obesity and Health Care Reform