Join more than 1,700 of your fellow obesity medicine colleagues who have made the commitment to be part of a collective voice fighting obesity through the American Society of Bariatric Physicians. The Society and the field of obesity medicine have changed drastically during the past few years, and membership now offers more valuable benefits than ever before:
Would you like immediate answers to your obesity medicine questions? Nearly 500 of the Society's members are currently networking and exchanging information on the members-only ASBP Group on LinkedIn. This is an excellent way for you to expand your knowledge and treatment options throughout the year! In addition, the Society produces a members-exclusive weekly e-newsletter that helps you stay informed on current obesity news, advocacy issues, resources and educational offerings.
Do you need patient resources and advocacy? Membership with the Society now includes a complimentary membership to the Obesity Action Coalition. In addition, the Society now has an active government advocacy program that provides a strong collective voice in legislative affairs that affect you as an obesity medicine clinician. Plus, the Society is offers members a complimentary listing in the online patient tool, Find an Obesity Medicine Clinician.
Are you looking for information on new obesity drugs? The Society was at the forefront of efforts to reaffirm members' interest in new obesity drug treatments and the importance of providing these options to patients affected by obesity. Several ASBP members testified before the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, and the Society is now providing education on using these new treatment modalities, which members receive a discount on the purchase of.
Seeking live continuing medical education? The Society invites you to experience ASBP live learning opportunities! The Obesity Medicine Association, a division of the Society, hosts one-day workshops that provide an introduction to obesity medicine in 12 to 15 cities each year, so there is a good chance one is coming to a city near you! In addition, the ASBP Biannual Conferences have been enhanced to include various breakout tracks that allow you to customize your curriculum to meet your needs. There is also a plethora of networking opportunities--from breakfasts with experienced bariatricians to poster sessions to member appreciation receptions, we've got it all!
Would you like additional obesity medicine education options? The Society's webinar and online Advanced Curriculum Fellowship Program provides a convenient at-home learning opportunity for you to gain an in-depth education in the field of obesity medicine. Members of the Society receive a discount on the program enrollment fee as well as individual modules.
There has never been a better time to be involved in the Society! You may complete a PDF or online application by clicking the appropriate link below.
- Physician Membership - For a legally practicing physician (M.D. or D.O.). Complete PDF Form or Puchase Membership Online
- Doctorate - For a healthcare professional who is a non-physician and holds a Ph.D. in a field of study supportive of bariatric/obesity medicine. Complete PDF Form or Puchase Membership Online
- Associate Membership - For a non-physician health care provider (physician assistant, registered dietition, nurse practitioner or registered nurse). Complete PDF Form or Puchase Membership Online
- Affiliate Membership - For administrative staff in obesity medicine practices who are interested in the field but who do not have a health provider education or degree). Complete PDF form or Puchase Membership Online
- Physician-In-Training Membership - For an M.D. or D.O. currently enrolled in an approved internship, residency or fellowship program (proof-of-status required). New physician-in-training members receive a complimentary one-year membership, as of Jan. 1, 2013. Complete PDF form or Puchase Membership Online
- Student Membership - For any medical student attending an accredited school (proof-of-status required). New student members receive a complimentary one-year membership, as of Jan. 1, 2013. Complete PDF form or Puchase Membership Online